SUMMERMOOD • ROASTED PEPPERS • CORIANDER • LEMON JUICE & ZEST • BLACK PEPPER • SEA SALT • OLIVE OIL
- 4 peppers of mixed colours
- 1 lemon
- a handful of fresh coriander
- 1 lemon (juice & zest)
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- GR’EAT granola Glory
1. Turn on the oven on 180°C
2. Wash the whole peppers & dry them
3. Place the whole peppers on a baking tray (standing up), roast for around 45 min until the skin is bubbling, slightly golden/charred.
4. Remove from the oven & let it cool down (easier to peel off the skin & to avoid to burn your fingers 🔥)
5. Cut the pepper on one side to roll it open! Remove the seeds & stem. Unroll the flesh on a wooden plank.
6. Remove the peel & cut lengthwise in strips.
7. Lay the strips down on a big beautiful plate. Alternate the colours 🌈.
8. Sprinkle with lemon juice to preserve the vivid colours. Add a dash of olive oil, spice up with black pepper & sprinkle with sea salt.
9. Add some fresh coriander leaves on one line in the middle (torn for more flavour, whole for more food-for-the-eyes).
10. Finish off with GR’EAT Glory on the sides💥
#kitchenhack: when you use fresh herbs, try to torn them with your hands 👐🏼instead of using a knife/scissors 🔪, this will unleash way more flavour. The explanation is purely biological. Leaves are constituted of multiple layers. When you torn them, you will gently open up several of those layers. When you cut them with a knife, the cut edges will oxydate (due to the steel?!, have to look up that one 🤔).