We love soups! It's goodful & easy.
Here are some tip & tricks to make your soups more sexy!
- Let the onions sweat extra long
- Choose organic veggies: you don't need to peel them except for the sweet potatoes. However, brush your carrots etc. well!
- Roast the spices until fragrant by adding them 1 min to the onions. Then add in the water.
- Invest in good quality bouillon. Choose for fresh bouillon. We highly recommend the bouillon from Brouillon. A new belgian start-up to check-out! Otherwise, I like the following brands. If you are in the mood, make your own bouillon and save it into ice-cubes, thank you the Barn Brussels for this golden trick.
- Go for a zero-waste soup! Don't throw away the stem of a broccoli. It makes an excellent soup or pesto. The same counts for the carrot tops & cauliflower leaves.
INGREDIENTS (4 people)
For the soup:
- 1 chestnut cut, spelt & unpeeled if organic (!)
- 1 sweet potato
- 8 carrots
- 3 red onions
- 5 stalks of fresh rosemary
- 1000ml of filtered water
- ½ freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cube of good quality bouillon cube
For the topping:
- 75g ricotta
- Fresh coriander
- Balsamic vinegar
- Chili flakes
- Black pepper
- GR’EAT Glory
- Coarsely chop the onions. Sweat the onions for 8 minutes over low heat in olive oil. This will give off a sweet taste (you can even go up to 15 min for a better result, your patience will be rewarded).
- Meanwhile, dice the butternut in small cubes. Peel & dice the sweet potato. Peel (optional, otherwise brush) and slice the carrots.
- Add the butternut, the sweet potato & the carrots to the pot. Add the nutmeg. Let the veggies sweat together.
- Add the water & the rosemary.
- Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the rosemary & mix in a powerful blender for a silky texture.
- Serve in large bowls. Add a spoonful of ricotta (formed with 2 tablespoons). Season with pepper, add a dash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with GR'EAT Granola Glory! Finish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve immediately.