Ingredients (for 2 people) :
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 cups of water (80g of oats)
- 1 tsp of virgin coconut oil
- A pinch of seasalt
- A pinch of vanilla of ½ teaspoon of vanilla-extract
- 20 cl (almond) milk
For the topping :
- 1 banana
- Cocoa Nibs
- GR’EAT Joy
- Grill 1 cup of whole oats on high heat using 1 tsp of virgin coconut oil (the tastiest option). Alternatively, soak the oats overnight, throw away the soaking water & rinse the oats (the healthier version).
- In a pan, add 2 cups of water and a pinch of sea salt and the vanilla. Bring it to simmer.
- Stir continuously on medium heat using a wooden spoon during 7-8 minutes until you get a creamy & chunky texture. Just before serving add a dash of (almond) milk. Stir.
- Meanwhile cut the banana in slices.
- Serve the porridge in two bowls. Arrange the bananas along the edge of the bowl. Sprinkle with cocoa nibs and GR’EAT Joy.
- Share under good company!
PS: We know that you probably won’t have all these ingredients at home, get creative with your pantry ;).
PS: if you have too much porridge, you can convert it to pancakes J. Simply add a egg to the batter (for 100g of porridge) + 20 ml of (almond) milk. Mix in a blender. Cook in a pan, ca. 3 min on each side.