𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗵𝘆 & 𝘃𝗲𝗴𝗮𝗻 𝘀𝗻𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁 ? The Nut Butter x Dates x Dark Chocolate combo makes a much healthier copycat treat than the originals!
Our special add-on ? Our GR'EAT butter naughty: almond, cashew, speculoos spices! A few qualitative ingredients for a delicious spread without added sugar. Perfect for spreading on toast or topping your favourite dessert.
For the no-bake crust
- 16 Medjool dates,pitted & soaked for 1-2 hours
- 360g grounded almonds or almond flour
- 70ml almond milk (if needed)
For the almond caramel filling
- 180g almond butter
- 130ml of maple syrup
- 500g of 70% dark chocolate
- Maldon salt flakes
- GR'EAT granola enjoy
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mash the soaked & drained dates using a fork and then mix it with the almond flour. If the mixture is too dry, add a splash of almond milk. Use your hands to form a nice dough ball.
2. Spread the dough with your hands on a 15cm x 20cm oven tray. Make sure the dough is evenly spread across the plate. Place it in the freezer for 15 min.
3. Whisk the almond butter together with the maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt. Add the gooey mixture on top of the crust base. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
4. In the meantime, melt the chocolate in a saucepan using a bain-marie. Remove from the flame & let it slightly cool down (should remain liquid). Remove the dough from the freezer and cover the entire surface area in melted chocolate. Place again in the freezer for 30 minutes until the chocolate has set. Sprinkle with Maldon salt.
5. Top with our crunchy GR'EAT granola enjoy.
Store these slices in an airtight container in the fridge and consume them within a week. Can I freeze them? You can freeze these snickers in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Defrost overnight in the fridge or at room temperature for 2 hours before serving them. However, we are quite convinced they won't last that long.