CREAMY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP • GR’EAT GRANOLA ROMA
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 medium (red) onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- 2 tbs butter/coconut oil
- 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Paprika powder
- Chili flakes
- Fresh oregano
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- GR'EAT Roma
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C fan. Line a large baking tray with baking paper or use a big washable oven plate.
2. Cut the cauliflower into bite-size florets.
3. In a bowl, toss the cauliflower with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until evenly coated in oil. Put the cauliflower on the baking tray in a single layer and sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Bake until the cauliflower is soft and golden on the edges, for 25-35 minutes, tossing halfway.
4. Meanwhile heat the remaining 1 tbs olive oil over medium heat until shimmering in a soup pot. Add the chopped onion and ¼ tsp salt. Put the lid on the pot, to avoid the onions to brown. Cook during 7 min, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened and turning translucent.
5. Add the pressed garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about a minute. Then add in the broth.
6. Set aside 8 of the prettiest roasted cauliflower florets to decorate the bowls. Then transfer the remaining cauliflower to the pot. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to simmer, then reduce the heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, until the flavours develop fully.
7. Once the soup is done cooking, remove the pot from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, carefully transfer the hot soup to a blender, working in batches if necessary. (Do not fill past the maximum fill line or the soup could overflow!). If you are in a hurry, you can directly blend the cauliflowers with the heated broth & skip step 6.
8. Add the butter and blend until smooth. Add the lemon juice and nutmeg and blend again. Add additional salt, to taste (I usually skip this step as I use very few salt in my recipes to preserve the original taste of the ingredients). You can also a little more lemon juice, if you are looking for that perfect balance. Blend again.
9. Serve the soup in beautiful bowl and finish off with 2 roasted cauliflower florets, a sprinkle of paprika powder & some chili flakes. Add the GR'EAT Roma. Finish with the fresh oregano leaves.
10. This soup stays well in the fridge for about 4 days.
Laat een reactie achter
Opmerkingen moeten worden goedgekeurd voordat ze worden gepubliceerd