RED VELVET PANCAKES
Dough (makes 12):
- 200g PLAIN FLOUR or GROUNDED OATS
- 1 tsp BAKING POWDER
- 2 EGGS
- 2 tbs HONEY
- 250ml (vegetable) MILK
- 2 MEDIUM PRE-COOKED BEETROOTS
- UNSALTED BUTTER or COCONUT OIL for the greasing
- 2 medium PRE-COOKED BEETROOTS
- 100g goatcheese
- Balsamic cream
- Gr'eat GLORY
1. Place the flour & baking powder in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Break the eggs in a separate bowl and whisk with the milk & the honey.
- Mix the beetroots in a blender and incorporate the purée into the eggs, honey & milk blend.
- Gradually pour the mixture into the well and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased non-stick frying pan over low heat. Add some of the batter (the amount depends on how thin or thick like your pancakes) to the pan and bake for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook for a further 1−2 minutes or until light golden.
5. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Stack the pancakes, top with Gr’eat GLORY, the crumbled goat cheese, whole beets cut into strips and drizzle with balsamic cream. Add fresh herbs! Serve with rucola.