Sweet, salty & tangy meet in this Lebanese dish...
1. Pre-heat the oven on 180°C. Cut the eggplants (aubergines) in half & cut them in diamond shape. Add a generous amount of olive oil. Sprinkle with lemon juice to avoid them to turn brown.
2. Spice up with Za'atar (typical Lebanese mix of herbs), black pepper & sea-salt.
3. Bake in the oven for around 45 min until soft & golden
4. Add Greek yoghurt mixed with lemon-lime juice & zest
5. Add fresh coriander & a bit of unsmoked paprika powder to the yoghurt-layer
6. Add pomegranate seeds
7. Grate lemon zests
8. Add extra crunch by adding granola or grilled pistachoes
9. Share under good company
PS: Za'atar is a Lebanese mix of spices composed of sesame, oregano, thyme & sea-salt.